Tuesday, June 1, 2010

In progress audio for the first 3:30

Obviously this is still pretty rough, but I thought you might want to hear the way some of this is shaping up.  The whistling at the beginning is just me whistling the melody from "in the middle of a riddle".  Then there's a huge 50's style big band hit that is stretched to create that eerie electronic ambiance later on.  I plan to add more to the electronic track for the last couple of minutes of this opening section, but nothing too intrusive.

Of course the tea kettle and bowls part will sound much better with Owen playing them and I would like to refine his part a bit more.  For the time being, I just approximated much of the live part so that you could hear the general pacing of it.  What you hear at the end of this clip is the transition from the pulse rhythmic material on bowl 5 to the tea kettle.  So basically this is the intro and section 1 with a bit of the transition between section 1 and section 2.  (as per the description of the 4 main sections that I posted a few days ago)

Here it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment