Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Up to 7 min now... sorta

I've roughed out the percussion part for the first 7 minutes.  This clip leads up to the end of section 3.

Tempo:
So far we have gone from 60bpm for the first section to 90bpm for the pulse section (section 2) Next will be the gonzo climax at 120 bpm.

There will be some kind of pause at the end of section 3 and a big short dramatic event then Owen goes nuts on all bowls, the tea kettle, and the whistle at the new tempo.   (I was thinking of utilizing the sextuplet interruptions in section 3 to initiate (or hint at) some kind of metric modulation)

Electronics:
I would like to experiment with distorting audio clips from the "what women want" video as the main component of the electronics.  (there's a link to that video in an earlier post)  I think we should be ok to use that audio under the terms of "fair use" and we won't have to worry about copyright issues.  I haven't included any electronics in the new material, but I think it would add a lot and I plan to experiment with that this evening or tomorrow morning.  Of course the main concern with this is coordinating the synchronization of live performance with prerecorded material.  But we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Including the epilogue of "in the middle of a riddle", I think we might end up right around 10 min. total duration.

Here ya go...

No comments:

Post a Comment